I try to minimize my caffeine consumption as it can wreak havoc on your adrenal glands, sleep and skin after all caffeine is a stimulant. However there are some exceptions in my Resources section you may have noticed I recommend doMatcha tea. Matcha tea is technically a green tea but it yields a sweeter taste being grown in the shade. Thanks to Steph at Epic Beauty Guide I actually tried the doMatcha brand and have been so pleased. Lucky for you I am sharing a link to Steph’s awesome Tasty Green Drink and sharing my fat blasting tea.
Beside matcha tea tasting better than regular green tea it also has amazing anti-aging benefits (both for your health and beauty) – read some studies below:
Stephanie from Epic Beauty Guide shared this info on her site “ In 2003, researchers at University of Colorado determined that the “concentration of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) available from drinking matcha is 137 times greater than the amount of EGCG available from China Green Tips green tea, and at least three times higher than the largest literature value for other green teas”
There are 3 teas I drink: doMatcha, Yogi Chai Rooibos (all rooibos tea is caffeine free) and organic oolong tea (oolong is a white tea which has less caffeine than black tea and oolong has been shown to burn belly fat)
Designed For Detox’s Fat Blasting Tea:
8 oz/1 cup of filtered water (I have an Environmental Water Systems faucet filtration system)
1 Organic Oolong tea bag (I recommend Prince of Peace brand)
1 Teaspoon of doMatcha green tea
- In a pot bring water to a boil add your oolong tea bag
- Steep for 5-6 minutes
- Then put the tea in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes
- Then place 1 teaspoon of matcha in a canning jar (you could use a drinking glass)
- Pour the cooled brewed tea into the jar
- Then secure the lid, shake a few times and either add ice or stir with lots of ice in a glass.
I usually make this before bed for the next day or first thing in the morning for the afternoon. I love it icy, cold so I let it chill that long, although if your pressed for time just add some ice and stir 🙂
– Note for those used to sweet teas with lots of sugar you will take adjusting to this as its not sweet at all, in fact its more earthy tasting (in a good way) but if you need a little sweetener add some liquid stevia or some raw, organic honey.