If your trying to reduce your sugar intake then Valentine’s day can be one of the two worst days of the year (the other being Halloween) since so many people tend to overindulge in candy, pies, cakes and cookies both at school, work, home and parties.
Here’s some simple basic steps to reduce your sugar intake or limit the consumption of traditional processed sugar.
- Melt a dark chocolate bar over a pot of water on the stove top and then dip your favorite fruit (try strawberries, apples or oranges)
- Switch out your traditional sugar for more healthier options (stevia, organic raw honey or coconut nectar)
- Make some of these tasty treats for valentine’s day and skip the store bought ones that contain high fructose corn syrup and excessive sweeteners and dyes
- The Detoxinista made these chocolate truffles or any other of her amazing desserts
- Michelle and Lori over at Purely Twins are always full of ideas (they have several cookbooks loaded with desserts)and this brownie recipe is a new creation of theirs
- Looking at this pie will make you want to try your hand at all sorts of healthier desserts
Okay, so for those of you who are very time crunched and feel you need something with as little ingredients and work as possible I have 2 perfect suggestions (these are store bought mixes that you only add a few ingredients to and have some of the cleanest ingredients I have seen on the shelves)
Namaste Baking Company (gluten free, dairy free, soy free, tree nut free, soy free, corn free, potato free and casein free)
Paleo Baking Company (gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar and soy free)
Now with several recipe inspirations you see there are plenty of creative people with blogs sharing healthy foods that are tasty.
If you have a great recipe to share please link below in the comments section